About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Sleep and Play

It is amazing what a few days at my Mom's house can achieve in terms of healing. I arrived Friday afternoon, absolutely exhausted from the drive. She immediately took charge with Timmy and tucked me into bed. I slept until 9:30 the next morning. I think the last time I have slept until 9:30 I didn't have children.

I woke up, guilty for sleeping so long when I found them cuddled in her bed, eating ice cream and laughing. All of my guilt evaporated when I saw the smiles on their faces. I needed the sleep, and I think on some level she needed some quality Timmy time.  

Saturday afternoon my Mom and Timmy headed to the park, allowing me to take another nap.  I fell sound asleep for three hours. I woke up feeling stronger and more together than I have since the injury. They came home covered in sand and smiling from ear-to-ear.

Sunday was a repeat of Saturday, with my sleeping in and getting an afternoon nap while they played. I guess the doctors were right when they directed me to rest. Sleeping and taking it easy is the only thing to help a concussion.  I'm so grateful that I have my Mom to help me achieve both when I'm desperate!



No comments:

Post a Comment