About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 11, 2017

Tranquil Snow

At the risk of jinxing our family, I am delighted to report that this morning everybody appears to be healthy. Robby's fever (finally) broke over the weekend, and he is begrudgingly returning to school today. Timmy is full of energy and has returned to his normal level of mischief. He no longer has a fever, and his appetite is returning. After an extremely long and frustrating week, I think our family has finally eradicated the pesky infections.  

The weather forecasters did not lead us astray because on Saturday we enjoyed the first snowfall of the season. Our neighborhood was blanketed in a few inches of beautiful fluffy snow. It was the perfect setting to hibernate inside and prepare for Christmas. Timmy and I spent the afternoon baking cookies and watching Christmas movies (The Polar Express again) while the snow steadily fell outside. The snowfall was breathtakingly beautiful, laying on the ground and all of the branches in our woods but not sticking to the roads. 

Our prelude to winter quickly melted away on Sunday, but we are all hoping that more will fall soon. There is something magical about snow before Christmas, probably because it is a rare occurrence in this region. Hopefully the boys will be feeling healthy and strong the next time we have the opportunity to sled because they were both disappointed that I wouldn't let them play outside on Saturday. (Robby failed to see the logic of my refusing his requests to play in the snow after being home sick from school all week.)

Although I'm hoping for snow before Christmas, I don't want any to fall during the next few days. Tomorrow I leave for California and I'm glad that the weather seems to be clear. It is a short trip, with my returning on Friday, and I would appreciate no weather complications. After I land and return home, Old Man Winter can return with a vengeance. Until then, I'm going to hope for clear skies to help with my travel anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment