About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Elusive Dress

Next week I'm heading back to San Francisco for a few days of meetings and to attend the company holiday party. Since I work remote, it has been a long time since I've attended a company party and I'm feeling a bit out of my element. Wanting to cloak myself in confidence, I headed to Kohl's with a wallet full of Kohl's cash (from our Black Friday extravaganza) with the mission of finding a holiday dress that would make me feel attractive, confident and young.  

It didn't take long before I became underwhelmed by the options before me on the racks. Apparently holiday dresses have been replaced by long sparkly sweaters and leggings. I'm a 43 year old pudgy one-legged woman who has birthed two children. Trust me, there would be nothing festive about seeing this bum squeeze into leggings!

Skirts were non-existent in the store and the only dresses I could find were pencil cut, an incredibly unflattering design against my curves. It was becoming clear that my simple black dress was elusive. Unless I wanted to wear something covered with elves or snowmen, I was coming up empty. 

I shopped for more than an hour and went through every rack several times before waving the white flag. I admitted defeat and begrudgingly accepted the fact that my attractive, confident and young transformative holiday dress was going to remain an enigma. Instead of finding a garment to help me reconnect with my youth I accepted my fate as a middle aged mom and spent my Kohl's cash on a new mixer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment