About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 03, 2017

Weekend

Slowly but surely my ear is beginning to heal. The pain is nagging but the intensity has definitely diminished over the past few days. I'm tired of feeling ill and run down and I'm antsy to feel energetic and happy again. Hopefully this weekend will bring continued healing and I'll be better by the beginning of the week. After nearly a month, I am completely over this ear infection!

Other than Trunk or Treat on Sunday (rescheduled from last weekend due to the weather) we don't have a lot of plans for the weekend. I'm sure that I'll fill the time, but right now a few days with nothing on the schedule and no obligations feels like a vacation. If only I could convince the boys that it would be fun to stay home and watch cartoons all day.  Robby could probably be convinced to stay home (if we allowed him to play on the computer) but Timmy would be a much harder sell.  He is Mr. Activity and full of energy. I'm sure I'll find something to keep him occupied and to thwart his destructive boredom.

Robby's schedule keeps us so busy that he is happy to lounge and relax all weekend. If we didn't insist he would probably forgo wearing pants from Friday evening until Monday morning. He has gone from not being involved in many extracurricular activities to having a full calendar. We have talked about cutting back but he thoroughly enjoys everything so much I hate to force him to choose. So for now I'll just resign to being a chauffeur in the evenings. I suppose one benefit of being forced to drive a rental this week lies in the miles that were not logged on my car.  

I am not looking for any great adventures. Instead I'm hoping for a weekend without an accident, and with improved health. The absence of drama and the lack of pain would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment