About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 02, 2017

Tragedy Again

My Mom and I took Timmy to the mall over the weekend and comedy quickly ensued. I had planned to write about our shopping misadventure, but the news this morning makes writing that blog feel trivial. Another mass shooting happened over night, this time the deadliest in the history of our country. 

Like everybody else this morning, I am struggling to come to terms with the horror and carnage. Such a senseless acts of violence has left me with tears instead of words. I am going to be hugging my kids tighter, and longer, for the foreseeable future.  

When tragedy strikes, we try to find a way for Robby to feel as if he has some sort of control. I think we are going to resume our kindness challenge. We both feel better when we are doing random acts of kindness for others. We can't control what happened in Las Vegas, but we can do our best to improve some lives in our area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment