About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Farm Fun

With the exception of the damn hickory nuts and the shock of putting on an ice cold liner in the morning, I am loving the cooler temperatures. Yesterday Timmy and I spent the entire day at the farm, playing and exploring. He was nonstop energy, running between activities and relishing my undivided attention. Getting up early to work is difficult, especially when I'm warm in bed and tired, but the payoff of being able to play without distractions makes it worth the sacrifice. When the weather forces us inside again I'm sure I can go back to a more normal work schedule, but for now I'm going to try to stick to getting up early. 

At the farm yesterday I noticed that it was easier to keep up with Timmy. I've been working out every school day (with the exception of my sick days) and I think I can finally tell a difference. The scale is dipping, but more importantly my stamina is increasing. I love being able to play, run and jump without becoming winded and wishing for a break. I still have a long way to go, but I feel like I am on the path to becoming the type of mom that my kids deserve.   

Not only do I have more energy, but my leg is fitting better. I no longer have to stop every few steps to readjust my socket, and the pesky sores that have been omnipresent for the past two years are slowly fading away. At this point I no longer care what the scale says because the increased energy and a better fitting prosthesis make the effort worthwhile.  




No comments:

Post a Comment