About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Cartoon Respite

My heart continues to hurt as more details of the tragedy in Las Vegas begin to emerge. In times like this I find myself oddly addicted to the news, almost as if walking away or simply turning it off is akin to being disrespectful to those whom are hurting. Logically I know that this makes no sense. I am better off emotionally when I tune out the endless stream of reports. Of course, I continue to have trouble walking away even though I know that it is the healthier option for me. I need to be reminded that sometimes ignorance is bliss!  

Thankfully I have Timmy to help me unplug from the news. He prefers to watch Disney Jr. in the morning and I was happy to tune out the tragedy for awhile. I found that watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse left me feeling better than Good Morning America, so I decided to follow his lead for the rest of the day. When we weren't watching cartoons we were playing with trains or outside. Spending a relaxing day with my mischievous little buddy was exactly what I needed yesterday. 
 
Timmy was delighted to be my distraction for the day and relished the attention. We played with his trains throughout the living room and around the yard. We tossed balls and jumped on the trampoline.  We played pirate in the playhouse and took turns sliding down the chute. He loved every single moment, and I found myself living in the moment and forgetting what was unfolding in Las Vegas. It wasn't until he went to bed and I turned off the cartoons that I was brought back to reality.
 
It turns out that reality stinks! I much prefer spending the day playing, laughing and exploring with Timmy to watching current events. I think I'll continue to avoid the news for the foreseeable future. I don't think my heart can handle anything but cartoons right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment