About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Tanks and Trucks

Happy Friday! 

This week I feel like we have finally settled into our school routine.  Hamlet doesn't meltdown when we drop off Robby at school, which is a welcome improvement. Hearing him sob each morning was heartbreaking, especially because I knew his reasons for feeling sad. He possesses an unbridled adoration for his big brother and loves it when he is home with him during the day. 

Settling into a routine has been good for me as well. I thrive off of routine and although we are busy, I'm feeling less stressed because I can anticipate our daily flow. The older and busier I become, the more I have come to appreciate my daily planner. Sometimes I miss the days where I would wake up without having to consult my calendar while sipping my coffee.  But then I remind myself that my boys are the reason behind the majority of our appointments, and I smile. 

This weekend will be busy with fun autumn activities.  On Saturday we are going to the Tank Farm for their open house event. Robby is excited to explore all of the artillery, and is especially anticipating watching the flame thrower in action.  On Sunday we are going to a Touch-a-Truck event for Timmy. I'm sure he will enjoy seeing and exploring all of the trucks on display. 

Exploring trucks, guns and tanks doesn't rank among my favorite activities, but I'm looking forward to the events because of the boys. I'm hopeful that we can tear Scott away from his football watching to accompany us on our adventures. The weather looks like it is going to cooperate, so it should be a fun weekend for everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment