About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Sixth Grade!

Today is the first day of school for my not-so-little sixth grader. I am having a hard time grasping that my little Koopa is no longer in elementary school. My goodness time is going too quickly.

Robby isn't delighted with our returning to the school schedule, but I think he will be happy to be reunited with his friends. I know that he has been bored the past few weeks, and some academic stimulation will be a welcome distraction. Of course, he will never admit it and spent the weekend lamenting the conclusion of summer.  

Although his grade has changed, Robby will be staying in the same school for another year. We debated about sending him to the public school this year but ultimately decided that it would be better for him to keep him where he has been attending. Next year we will probably transition, but for now we are comfortable with the decision and looking forward to another year of academic adventures.   

No comments:

Post a Comment