About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Ninja Fail

I have been having really bad luck with electronic devices lately.  Last week I was forced to buy a new television when a toddler thrown projectile cracked the screen of our existing television.  I know that Timmy didn't mean to break the television, but the end result was the same regardless of his motivation. 

The morning after we hung our new television I began to experience issues with my Ninja Coffee pot. After coveting the Ninja Coffee for months, Scott bought me the elaborate pot for my birthday in May. I was delighted with all of the bells and whistles, and until recently it made a great cup of coffee.

Unfortunately, the bells and whistles only worked for a few months.  Despite running the clean cycle numerous times, including twice with the cleaner sold by the company, the pesky clean light remains illuminated. The light is annoying, especially considering the expense of the Ninja system, but it is now interfering with the performance of the machine. Each morning I never really know the amount I am going to see in the carafe. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Playing roulette with my coffee is not advantageous!

I called the company a few days ago and discovered that the pricey pretty pot was not paired with helpful customer service. After checking the serial numbers and documenting the issues, the customer non-service representative agreed that the pot was under warranty. The company representative informed me that a lot of customers were experiencing issues with the clean light (a fact I already surmised after reading their Facebook page) and that they were prepared to offer me a remedy. For a mere $20 the company would mail me the replacement part necessary to repair the known issue with the machine. 

I was appalled that I was expected to pay $20 to cover "shipping and handling" for a repair piece for a machine under warranty.  After questioning the charge, I was automatically referred to the warranty agreement I "accepted when I purchased the machine."  I was insulted by the true lack of interest demonstrated by the company representatives and have vowed to never send them another cent.  I will not support a company that does not stand behind its products or its customers.

Last night I experienced a customer service exchange that was actually polite and helpful.  To my frustration, I went to turn on my new computer and discovered that it had malfunctioned.  Less than one month old, I was frustrated and immediately called Lenovo.  After answering a few questions, I was encouraged to return it to the store for an exchange.

I no longer had the receipt, but BJs Wholesale Club was able to look up the purchase and refunded my money without an issue.  After such a frustrating experience with Coffee Ninja to secure a simple replacement part, it was refreshing to interact with a company that values the customer service experience.  Because of this quick and courteous exchange, I will definitely be buying my next coffee pot (NOT a Coffee Ninja) at BJs!

No comments:

Post a Comment