About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Cartoon Distraction

With everything going on in the country and around the world right now, I find myself counting my lucky stars for having Timmy at home. Not only do I adore spending time with him, going on adventures and watching him explore and learn, but he has provided me with the perfect excuse to avoid the news. 

I am definitely better off watching the Disney Channel and Nick Jr. instead of regular daytime programming. Having a little one who is insistent on having cartoons streaming while he is busy with his trains and other activities has liberated me from the constant stream of bad news.  In this circumstance, ignorance is definitely bliss!

I am not completely oblivious to current events. I allow myself to watch the news once a night and again in the early morning. Other than those two times, I purposely avoid all news reports, talk shows and political debates. I started my limited news boycott a few weeks ago and I have discovered that I find myself feeling happier and more upbeat. I know that the world is still cluttered with problems, but I feel empowered by controlling how much I allow the negativity to intrude into my home.  

Now if I could only get the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song out of my head..

No comments:

Post a Comment