About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Fair Night

Last night we enjoyed our annual County Fair adventure.The weather was nice and we decided to take advantage of the opportunity to spend some time outside. This August has offered dismal weather and while it wasn't particularly warm, last night was probably the best of the week.

Robby was thrilled to be allowed to invite a friend to enjoy the fun. While Robby saw the offer as nothing more than Momom and Dad being nice, Scott and I did have an ulterior motivation. With Robby busy with a friend, Scott would be freed up to enjoy some rides with Timmy.

Our best intentions were for naught. Robby and his friend chose to spend the entire night riding with Scott and Timmy. When Timmy was too little to enjoy a ride we split up, with Scott staying on the bigger amusement while I tried to squeeze my bum onto a kiddie ride. (If nothing else, nearly getting wedged into a caterpillar cart certainly solidified my commitment to my weight loss journey!)

Even though our plan backfired, everybody had a great time at the Fair.  Having such an age spread is difficult at times, but we managed to make it work.  Onto the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment