About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 11, 2017

Early Morning Progress

I woke up early yesterday morning, courtesy of Timmy, and settled in for a long morning. He had been on a nice schedule of waking up at 6, but the past few days he has returned to being my little early bird. While I find waking up at 4:30 painful, he seems to relish the quiet time in the morning. We curl up on the couch and he happily watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Paw Patrol until I have consumed enough coffee to function. 

Yesterday he seemed especially content to cuddle up on the couch, allowing me a welcome opportunity to work on my computer. While he giggled at Mickey Mouse, I was shuffling papers and working on my project. By the time everybody else started to roll out of bed, I had logged nearly five hours and my overwhelming project was nearly complete.

I felt a huge sense of relief knowing that I am almost done so I logged off and spent the afternoon playing with Timmy. We went to his favorite playground where he spent hours running around, jumping and playing. I love watching him having so much fun and being happy! With the pressure of my deadline lessening, I was able to enjoy the moment without worrying about what I should be doing.  I guess I should thank my little alarm clock for his nudge to get me working so early.

This weekend I am going to finalize my project before submitting it on Monday, but the stress I was feeling has lifted. I now feel that it is manageable and that I will meet my deadline without an issue. Once everything is done (hopefully by tonight) I am going to log off the computer for the remainder of the weekend.  This is our last official weekend of the Summer of Awesome 2017, and I plan to make the most of it. Adventures galore await!

No comments:

Post a Comment