About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Catch Up

I have a few projects looming, so much of yesterday was spent on the computer. Thankfully Timmy seemed content for a day of quiet, although Scott did take him to a bounce house in the afternoon. We have come to accept that Timmy becomes destructive if he does not expend enough energy throughout the day. The bounce house trip was our attempt at helping him run down his batteries in the hopes of having a peaceful evening.  (Penned up energy often equates to mischief and destruction in the early evening.) 

I'm pleased to report that our plan worked and that our little Hamlet was delightful and happy until bedtime. Mr. Bill, who we haven't seen much this summer, came over to visit in the evening. Timmy enjoyed entertaining him while Robby regaled him with stories about the turtles hatching and his Florida adventure. It wasn't until we saw him did I realize how much we have missed him!  We have been busy traveling, and he tends to hibernate during the heat of the day so our paths just haven't crossed much.

I'm going to make a point to visit him more frequently because I got the sense that he has been lonely. I hate the thought of him mulling around his house all day without other human interaction. I need to remember to be a better friend and neighbor especially when I become busy.

After working through the morning and early afternoon, my mind was fried. I logged back onto my computer after Timmy went to bed but I struggled to focus. I'm hoping to be more productive today because I didn't finish as much as I would have liked yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment