About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Grumpy Timmy

Robby's first day of summer vacation is now in the books, and the day was non eventful at best. It was hot, muggy and Timmy was miserable. I spent the majority of my day trying to console a frustrated and uncomfortable three year old, leaving Robby to his own devices. He spent the majority of his time on the computer, playing Minecraft.

It was not my best parenting demonstration, but the summer is long and we will have time for adventures.  Yesterday was about toddler triage and survival.  Hopefully Timmy's fever will leave and my sweet little adventurous boy will return. Where Robby becomes loving and sweet when he is sick, his brother is the opposite.  Timmy becomes extremely grumpy when he doesn't feel well, making it nearly impossible to console or to comfort him. 

Hopefully Timmy is feeling better today because we have an end-of-the-school-year adventure planned.  Robby's class is meeting at the Shooting Fountains  for an afternoon of pizza, milkshakes and splashing fun. I know that Timmy will delight in the activity. He loves nothing more than being in the proximity of Robby and his friends.  Although Timmy loves trying to pal around with Robby and his friends, big brother has a different perspective.

Assuming he is feeling better, I will be spending my afternoon trying to wrangle and distract him from the "big kids" so that Robby can enjoy some time with his friends. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment