About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 01, 2017

California Dreaming

Hello from California (day 2).

Between orientation meetings and my presentation, yesterday kept me busy. I didn't have a chance to miss my kids until I returned to my hotel room.  I don't like eating alone, and sitting in my hotel room with a take out box of ravioli from the hotel restaurant, I felt extremely lonely. I am really rather pathetic because I become homesick after 24 hours away.

I was happy to talk with Robby, who eager recounted all of the days adventures.  Scott was able to leave work a little early, which allowed him to surprise Robby with a trip to the park. Afterwards he went to Taekwondo, where he seemed to have a great time. He happily talked to me while I ate my dinner, filling the void and the silence in my room.

Timmy had a day full of his own adventures. My sister took him and her kiddos to Hershey Park, where Hamlet experienced his first amusement park rides. Initially I was sad when I realized that he was experiencing a "first" with somebody else. However, my selfish reaction was quickly replaced when I realized that he was having fun. I don't want him to be miserable and sad while I'm away. I want him to be happy, giggly and having a blast. By all counts, that is exactly what happened.

Today my orientation meetings continue, but the pressure of my looming presentation is gone. It went well and I immediately felt a weight lifted off my shoulders. Hopefully my boys and I will have another great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment