About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Non Eventful Weekend

I had a fantastic weekend doing nothing of consequence.  On a whim the boys (minus Scott) and I packed up and headed to visit my Mom on Friday. We didn't do anything particularly exciting, but it was nice to just relax with my Mom for a few days.  Trips without plans or an agenda often end up being the best!

Sunday morning we said goodbye and headed home. I always hate leaving, but I wanted to get home with enough time to work on the laundry and go grocery shopping. I detest both chores, but I hate them even more when they are left for Monday. Almost as soon as I walked in the door I started tackling the Sunday to-do list, hoping to finish with enough time to resume relaxing before the work week began.

Scott accompanied me to the grocery store, which I always appreciate. With the extra set of hands and eyes, taking Timmy to the grocery store isn't nearly as angst ridden as it is when I am forced to manage him on my own. I am convinced that they have shrunk the width of the aisles because, unless I walk down the center of each aisle, seemingly everything is within his reach. When I'm by myself with him, I spend the majority of my time putting things back on the shelf that he has gleefully knocked down or prying boxes and bottles out of his excited little hands. Someday I'll be able to take him to the store without constantly testing my reflexes, but we are not there yet. My little guy certainly keeps me on my toes.


No comments:

Post a Comment