About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Happy 11th Birthday Robby

Dear Robby,

Happy Birthday to my sweet, loving, sensitive and curious little Koopa. Wow, where did the time go? It baffles me that I was just meeting you for the first time 11 years ago today. I remember holding you in my arms, falling instantly and completely in love.

Robby, you continue to bring adventure and enthusiasm to our lives. You have such a wonderfully unique perspective on the world, and I am amazed by your poetic way with words. You are on the horizon of a bright future, but right now I want you to remain my little boy.

You see, Momom isn't quite ready for you to become a teenager. I see glimpses of a burgeoning independence and it makes me feel both proud and sad. I am looking forward to seeing what your future holds because I have no doubt that it will be filled with amazing experiences and adventures. At the same time, I want you to always need me as much as you do right now.

I know as you spread your wings you will fly in new and wonderful directions. But please, for just a little while, don't stretch your wings too far. I know that you feel ready to grow up, but understand that your Daddy and I aren't ready to let go.

We love you Robby! I hope that you have a wonderful day. Continue to be your authentic self, because I think you're awesome.

Love,
Momom

No comments:

Post a Comment