About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Vacation continued

Yesterday was laid back and relaxing. With no real work to do, I was left to entertain myself. I spent the morning deleting scores of photos and screenshots from my computer. Dave and I recorded a quick call to action podcast before packing up Timmy and heading out to meet my friend for lunch. It still feels odd not having any work responsibilities, but I am trying to make the most of this time because I know that I will again be busy when my new position starts.

Timmy was relatively well-behaved during lunch. With the exception of one escape attempt, he stayed seated and happily munched on his chicken and fries while I chatted with my friend. His behavior is far from stellar, but considering that he is newly three and remembering how he has behaved in the past, I can honestly say that he has come a long way. Although I still scan each restaurant to establish my quickest escape route in case of a meltdown, lately he has been trying to behave. 

Today I think Timmy and I will head to the farm. I know that he'll love playing on the structures, and bouncing on the jumping pillow. The first few days I struggled with my free time. But you know, I think I could get used to this "not working" lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment