About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Using Our Lock Down Time Wisely

While I know that staying in and away from germy society is best for Timmy, I have to admit that I'm going stir crazy. My little guy is still not up to par, so I am prepared to hunker down as long as necessary. His doctors are in agreement that he needs to safeguarded from infections, and I won't do anything to jeopardize his health even if that means I become antsy.

Since we have been put on society lock down I have purged and reorganized our basement into a toddler wonderland. While Timmy has been breaking in his new play land, I have framed a decades worth of memories and hung them prominently on our walls. We are not only caught up on laundry but the laundry room has been cleaned and my detergents have been categorized. My pantry has been cleaned and our Christmas decorations organized.

In the past four days I have stuffed 12 yard sized trash bags with crap that has been stuffed in drawers, on shelves and in the corners of my closets. Mr. Bill came to my rescue, schlepping all of the bags to the dump for us. I'm not cleaning and organizing because it is fun. I just never realized how much stuff we have stored and stashed throughout the house. Staying home all the time has forced me to face our clutter head on. On the positive side, my house is going to be amazingly organized and completely decluttered by the time Timmy is cleared to resume normal activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment