About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Laid Back President's Day

Just as predicted, and exactly as needed, our President's Day was low-key.  Timmy quietly played with his trains, watched cartoons and occasionally brought me a book to read.  Robby enjoyed the day chatting with friends on the computer and playing a variety of video games.  After taking a load of old furniture outside to await for the junk removal company, Scott watched television and relaxed for the rest of the day.

Today Robby and Scott will return to school while Timmy and I continue convalescing at home. I'm hoping to invest a lot of time tidying up our downstairs family room. Now that the extra bed mattresses and couches have been removed, I have a relatively clean slate. My goal is to create a fun playroom for Timmy. I know that I won't get it all done today, but I'm hoping to take a chunk out of the project.

If the weather stays warm we might go outside to play, although right now I'm protective about giving his little immune system a break. I am not going to risk his becoming ill again!  Hopefully he won't become bored with our newly imposed quarantine. In the end, I know that he just needs time to get stronger and healthier. ;

No comments:

Post a Comment