About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 20, 2017

#WhyIMarch

Tomorrow I am crossing something off my Bucket List. I am going to my first march/ protest. I've always wanted to participate in one, but until now the stars haven't aligned between cause and opportunity. Tomorrow my excuses for staying home are over, and I am going to take to the streets with thousands of other activists in DC.  I am delighted that my Mom, her friend and my dear friend Tammy are going to come along in solidarity.

I am not marching against any particular person or political party. Instead, I feel compelled to lend my voice and to try to bring attention to the potential catastrophic impact on access to prosthetic care. The repeal of the Affordable Care Act is inevitable, but the details of a replacement have been hazy at best. Until Essential Health Benefit status is maintained in the new legislation, I am not going to stop pushing and fighting. This issue is simply too big to ignore.

I know that it will be crowded  and that driving into DC on Saturday will be an exercise in frustration and patience. But none of those reasons outweighs my desire to try to make a difference. I need my voice to be heard, and I can't fail to be part of ;this opportunity in my own back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment