About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

My Motivator

I think I am entering the season that I find the most depressing. With Christmas and the holidays over and seemingly endless weeks until the warm sunshine of spring, I find myself smack dab in the middle of the winter blues.  I am struggling to stay upbeat and pushing myself to socialize while in reality I want to cuddle up by the fire and hide. For good or bad, Timmy has no desire to hibernate and keeps me engaging with society.

Because I know that I need to push against the urge to hide, I have been trying to take Timmy somewhere everyday. I wish we could play outside at home, but the yard is too muddy from the recent rainstorms. So until everything warms up or dries out, I am forced to seek our toddler adventures outside of our house. Typically we either go to the pool or to his favorite toddler playground. I love playing with him and hearing his squeals of delight as he explores and learns always lifts my spirits.  Timmy is loving our community trips and doesn't seem to miss playing outside.

Timmy isn't my only motivator to leave the house.  Robby has been busy with his Taekwondo classes, taking as many as four per week. Scott and I try to split the duty, but Robby prefers my taking him to class. Although the little plastic chairs in the spectator lounge are uncomfortable and it is always cold because the main door is never closed, I usually don't mind going. I rather enjoy my hour sitting without having to entertain, cater to or serve anybody. It isn't the most cerebral stimulating time, but the quiet is welcome.

Hopefully the rain will stay away and the sun will return. Even when it's cold, I always feel better when the sky is bright. Right now it feels like the dreary days of winter will never end.


No comments:

Post a Comment