About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Hibernation Healing

I didn't do anything consequential over the weekend, and it was exactly what I needed. I spent the days playing with Timmy and Robby, relaxing and tooling around on the computer. I didn't tackle any of my home improvement ambitions, and I didn't fret about the yard work and clutter. Instead, I gave myself a pass from work and stress.

I don't find relaxing natural and I am envious of those who can completely unwind regardless of everything piling up around them.  I often feel both anxious and guilty when I take a break from "mom chores" for awhile. It isn't easy for me to leave the dishes in the sink for the night, or not to immediately put the laundry away. The past week had beaten me down to the point where I needed to take a break or I was going to become ill. In the past I would have tried to muddle through everything on our "to do" list with no regard to the impact on my emotional well-being. The fact that I recognized that I needed to completely disengage and relax is progress!

Today everybody is home again for the holiday. Timmy is going to be delighted when he realizes that his Daddy and Robby aren't going to school. He certainly loves the commotion and energy that comes from the full house.

I'm not sure what we are going to do today, but I want to have an impromptu family adventure. We have spent the past few days hibernating from the world. I'm  now feeling strong, more centered and less stressed than I did a few days ago. I am ready to venture out into society again and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment