About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Hibernation Happiness

We are at the beginning of our first cold blast of the season. While we don't have snow (yet), the arctic air leaves little doubt that winter is upon us. Oddly, I find myself feeling increasingly festive as the temperatures continue to plunge.   Cuddling up by the fireplace with my boys and eating Christmas cookies in front of our brightly lit (albeit unadorned tree) has been helping my spirits rebound.

Timmy and I have been baking cookies every day and I am delighted to report that he is turning into quite an adept helper. While he still lacks the culinary skills his brother possessed at the same age, Timmy has a flare for adorning the cookies with lots of colorful sugar that I appreciate. Of course whenever he thinks I'm not looking I see him shaking the bottle into his mouth as well, but I never said he was perfect. If nothing else, he keeps me on my toes.

I am fully aware that our excitement for the frigid air and baking season will be short lived. In a few weeks I will probably be lamenting for warm days by the pool and the feel of the sun on my shoulders. But right now, being holed up under blankets enjoying the hibernation with my family feels perfect. Maybe I just needed permission to hide for awhile in order to regain my festive perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment