About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Over Analyzing

Happy Friday!

After surviving the week which I have been dreading for months, I am delighted to reach Friday. I'm looking forward to a weekend of relaxing, sleeping (a mom can dream, right?) and re-centering my priorities. I know that I have a lot of decisions to make, but it is never advantageous to make a major life change while feeling stressed and exhausted.  I'm hoping to use the next few days to rebuild my own strength (emotionally and physically) so that I can figure out which path I want to pursue. 

I regret that I was in such a hurry to grow up. I look at Robby and Timmy's lives and wish I could turn back the clock to my own childhood.  I don't mean to devalue their own frustrations. While their feelings are real, the consequences of their actions have smaller ripples. When you become an adult with a family and children who depend upon you, it feels as if every decision creates a tidal wave that can either be surfed into the sunset or can wipe out your entire homestead.  Looking at my kids playing, it makes making even the smallest life change terrifying!


No comments:

Post a Comment