About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 11, 2016

A Video and a Podcast (and my Walking Day)

Happy Walking Day to me!



13 years ago I took my first prosthetic steps.  My journey has many milestones, including the day I was injured and the date of my amputation.  My Walking Day is the most joyful to remember, and the anniversary I choose to celebrate.  This is the anniversary of the date I reclaimed my life.

On another note, yesterday Dave and I spent an hour recording an important podcast. In our non-partisan recording, we systematically dissected the healthcare proposals of both President-elect Trump and the Republican Party.  Although we cannot definitively detail the future of prosthetic care, we were able to glean enough insights to make some solid predictions.

This is a long podcast (an hour) but we cover a lot of information. If you are curious about the potential impact of the new administration's policies on your prosthetic care, please listen and share. While Dave and I have our own personal opinions, we worked hard to produce an even-toned, non-partisan recording explaining the implications of the combined plans on prosthetic care.  I understand that everybody has reached political saturation, but I promise you this recording does not bash nor praise a political party or official. It simply conveys rather complex information in an easy to digest format.

Click here for the link to download the podcast.  If you would prefer to listen to the recording in this blog, you can simply press the play button below.  Enjoy!



powered by podcast garden

No comments:

Post a Comment