About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Sick Ward

As predicted, this weekend was spent with me playing nurse Momom. I had to take Timmy to the doctor on Friday when his fever rose to 105 degrees. He was quickly diagnosed with both strep and double ear infections, and prescribed a new antibiotic. I brought my sick little Hamlet home and tucked him into the blow up mattress in the living room. It is hard seeing him so sick!

Friday evening Robby logged off his computer, looked at me and said that he didn't feel well. He had a fever and complained of a sore throat. I wasn't terribly surprised that he finally caught his brother's bug, but I certainly wish that he had been able to dodge the infection. He spent the majority of the weekend either watching TV or YouTube videos, taking Tylenol for his fever and napping. (Definitely not like my little Koopa!)

Scott and I divided our efforts between caring for the boys who were holed up in separate rooms of the house. While Timmy had a confirmed diagnosis of strep, we were still hopeful that it hadn't progressed as far with Robby.  Scott was the only one to venture outside, running numerous trips both to the pharmacy and the grocery store for sick kid supplies. (As a side observation, a bottle of Children's Tylenol does not last long when a 10 year old is taking the recommended dose.)

By Sunday afternoon both boys were feeling better. Timmy's fever had broken, and he was demonstrating short bouts of energy. Robby continued to run a low grade fever through the day but complained less about pain in his throat. We are going to decide today if a trip to the pediatrician is in order. Hopefully both boys will continue to improve and I can retire from nurse duties.  I miss my happy and healthy kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment