About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 10, 2016

Relaxed

This past weekend was exactly what I needed to recover from the stress roller coaster I have been riding. On a whim, I packed up Timmy and headed to visit with my Mom.  Robby opted to stay home with Scott because he had a birthday party to attend on Saturday.  (Much like his Mom, he will do just about anything if there is the possibility of cake.)  Now that Timmy is feeling better and recovered from his pneumonia, I wanted my Mom to see him happy and playing. I knew that seeing him being silly and happy would do wonders to relieve her worries about him.

Just as anticipated, my little Timmy was in full entertainment mode. He took full advantage of having his Nana's undivided attention. He giggled and smiled so much that I thought his cheeks might start to cramp.  From playing with cars to countless baths (a Nana specialty), he played from the moment he woke up until he collapsed with exhaustion at night. As an added bonus, he slept through both nights!

While Timmy and my Mom played, I was able to relax and just enjoy the downtime. I didn't have to worry about bed bugs, nor did I stress about work. For the first time in a long time, I was able to escape all of my worries. I just enjoyed watching them play and being happy.  I wish I could always keep my life so focused, but I know that those moments of pure tranquility are rare. 

We packed up to come home yesterday, where I was greeted with open arms by Scott and Robby. Although Timmy had a great time visiting with his Nana, I know that he was happy to be home. He continued to smile until he went to sleep. I hope that this upward trend continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment