About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Halloween Week Fun

Thank goodness Robby Rotten- Tween Edition took a leave of absence yesterday. The weekend definitely took a toll on me, and I was left feeling like a parental failure. I know that snarky Robby Rotten will return, but in the meantime I am going to enjoy the calm of having my sweet Koopa in the house.  After our tumultuous weekend, it was nice to have a relatively quiet and uneventful Monday.

Timmy shared his brother's good mood, filling the day with nearly nonstop giggles. Sometimes I think his cheeks must hurt from smiling so much! It is wonderful to see him feeling healthy and strong again. We are nervously optimistic that he finally kicked the pneumonia and strep. 

With Timmy healthy and Robby reengaged with the family, we are in full blown Halloween mode. This week is filled with spooktacular activities and adventures. None of our plans include anything particularly frightening  (neither boy enjoys to being scared and this Momom doesn't particularly relish getting up the middle of the night to soothe nightmares.) When it comes to celebrating Halloween, we are definitely more of a happy pumpkin and corn maze type of family. 

Hopefully the stars will continue to align throughout the week and both boys will remain happy and healthy. I'm looking forward to some quality fun time with my boys. With all of the stress and anxiety that I have been battling, I could use some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment