About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Happy Labor Day

Happy Labor Day or, as the holiday is known in our house, Happy Hurry Up and Tie All the Loose Ends That Were Discovered During the First Week of School Day! Because it is too cool to visit the pool, today we are going to finish cleaning around the house and pick up a few necessities for the upcoming school year. So, in other words, we have no big plans to celebrate this year. 

We rarely do anything festive on Labor Day. I have disliked the holiday since I was a child because it heralds both the end of summer and the beginning of the school year. I find it hard to celebrate the end of our carefree days by the pool, but I will admit that it is nice to have a quieter house and fewer dishes in the sink while Robby and Scott are at school. 

Have a wonderful day, and please stay safe on the roads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment