About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 30, 2016

Breathing Easier

Yesterday was spent nursing Timmy back to health. Slowly but surely our little guy is starting to recover; it just isn't happening fast enough for me. His O2 stats rose from 83 on Wednesday to 88 yesterday afternoon. I'm hoping that he will be out of the "danger zone" by scoring in the 90's today. Until his O2 levels have normalized, I'm going to continue worrying.

 Because Timmy has been so ill, I don't think that we are going to embark on any great adventures this weekend. Robby is testing for a new Taekwondo belt tonight and we were planning on having a family dinner at the hibachi steakhouse afterwards. Now those plans went out the window because one of us has to stay with little Hamlet. Thank goodness for Skype. Even though I won't be able to be at the studio, I'll be able to watch the belting ceremony in real time. Robby will have to settle for pizza and cupcakes at home instead of dinner out, but such is life.

On Saturday we were planning on attending the family picnic for his taeknowndo studio, but again we will have to divide and conquer. I'll make the cookies and stay with Timmy while Scott will take Robby to the picnic. Barring rain, I'm sure that they will have a good time. Hopefully Timmy will be feeling better and more energetic by then, because I sure do miss my happy little Hamlet!

No comments:

Post a Comment