About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Bracing Myself



I don't know what is going on, but I do know that my little Timmy has not been well lately.  Without any outward cause, over the past seven days I have witnessed him become spontaneously covered with itchy and hot hives. His right eye lid is swollen and morphs through various shades of purple. He is not his typical energetic self and has even resumed napping in the afternoon.

Today we have an appointment with the allergist, and I am anxious for answers. At this point I don't know if what he is experiencing is related to a food allergy or if there is another underlying issue.  All I really know is that I'm scared and that I need to find out what is going on with him.  At this point, I'm hoping for the best but bracing myself in case his symptoms have a different cause.  Please wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment