About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Back to Boot Camp

After nearly three weeks of feeling icky and fighting a nasty cough, yesterday I finally felt recovered and strong enough to venture back into my Boot Camp routine. I knew that it would be a shock to my system, but I am determined not to quit. I have come to appreciate the increased strength and endurance that I was beginning to develop through boot camp, and I don't want to let my fitness slide again.

I knew that getting back into the flow of working out would be difficult, but I completely underestimated the toddler tantrums that would ensue because of my efforts. Timmy was most unhappy with being ushered into the child care room. Even though we were only separated by a gate and I was always within his line of sight, he through a tantrum of epic proportion. He clutched the gate and screamed for the duration of my 30 minute workout.  My fellow boot campers, mostly Moms, didn't seem bothered by his outburst because the instructor simply turned up the volume on the music. 

By the time I was done working out Timmy and I were both red faced and sweaty. As soon as I opened the gate he smiled and happily waved to everybody as he was leaving. Just as I suspected, his tantrum was simply for show.  Hopefully he will shorten his performance as he becomes accustomed to my going to the gym.  Time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment