About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 22, 2016

Sick Day

Friday night we had a wonderful time at the fair.  Despite seeing all of the fun, my little guy melted down and clutched onto me with white fists when we tried to put him onto a little kid ride.  Scott and Robby rode the night away while Timmy was content to munch on french fries and wave them on as they flew by us. He seemed quite tickled watching his brother and Daddy spin, turn and whip in various directions. Maybe next year he will be ready to partake in the fun.

My ambitions of relaxing and enjoying time with my family never materialized over the weekend. I woke up Saturday morning with a harsh cough and low grade fever.  Both intensified throughout the day, leaving me feeling icky and drained. It took me until Sunday morning to admit the obvious. I was sick. 

I struggled to stay awake and alert enough to care for Timmy, but I have to admit that I wasn't the best Momom. Yesterday I provided him with an endless stream of cartoons and snacks to keep him occupied. Despite his desires, I just didn't have the energy to play. The best I could do was to keep him corralled and to keep his havoc to a minimum.  Hopefully today will be a little easier and that I will start to mend. It's really hard being a Mom when you're sick!


No comments:

Post a Comment