About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 22, 2016

Full Blown Funk

I am having a difficult time snapping out of this downtrodden mood. What started as an unsettling series of dreams about my Dad has spiraled into a full blown funk. I'm trying to keep a happy facade, mainly because Robby becomes upset when he knows that I'm sad, but I wish my smile were real. My "stay busy to keep the emotions at bay" approach is resulting in my being exhausted from constant activity, but it hasn't erased my sadness.

I'm still extremely upset about the dreams involving my Dad and my memories of his entering hospice care, but I've also managed to throw some anxiety about Robby into my emotional quagmire.  Jack moves away next week and I know that my little Koopa will be sad to see his friend go. I've tried to expand his friendship circle but have only yielded limited success. It turns out that many kids travel during the summer and, barring involvement in structured activities, social opportunities are rare and difficult to coordinate.

Today we are heading to check out a different pool in our area, one that seems to have more kids than our current one. I'm hopeful that this may, eventually, help to foster some new friendships.  I know that I can't stop Robby from being hurt, but my goodness I want to soften the blow.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment