About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 25, 2016

Aunt Peggy's Adventure 2016

In a quest to snap out of my funk I packed up the boys and headed to my Mom's for a few days. I was hoping that the change of scenery and routine would help me to recenter. I was right, and I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better. I also want to thank everybody who has supported me over the past week. The messages of love and support have been overwhelming and have helped to lift me out of my hole.

This is the beginning of a new week, and I'm going to make it a good one.  Today I'm taking Robby and his cousins on an adventure. Aunt Peggy's Adventures have become legendary with the kids and they look forward to them every year. (I think my Mom appreciates them as well because I keep the kids occupied and away from her house for awhile.)  They never know the adventure plans ahead of time because I quickly learned that the surprise factor helps to make the experience more special.

Last year we took the train to Philadelphia, where we toured the sights on a double decker bus. We went through Eastern State Penitentiary, which is touted as one of the top five most haunted locations in the country.  From start to finish, I tried to make every aspect of the trip special and memorable. The kids are still talking about our trip to Philly.

To be honest, it is a lot of pressure to keep devising adventures that will leave them both delighted and awestruck. This year I think I managed to come up with an itinerary that will make our Philly trip pale by comparison.  Stay tuned for updates about Aunt Peggy's Adventure 2016.  (I don't want to let any details slip on the off chance that they are reading this blog for clues.)  At the risk of sounding cocky, I'm fairly certain that this will be the highlight of their summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment