About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Fun Day

Yesterday we were busy having fun. Robby woke up, grabbed a waffle and took off playing with Jack. I love seeing him so happy, but part of me is saddened at the same time. I can't help but think that he is going to be devastated when his friend moves away.

In the morning I took Timmy to Milla's Playground, a toddler utopia of pint sized toys and activities. Despite visiting several times a week, Hamlet never becomes bored playing. He climbed and played for about 90 minutes before I finally coaxed him back to the car with the promise of a lollipop. 

After lunch we all headed to the pool. Despite being hot, the pool was virtually empty. The kids had the fun of the facility, and took full advantage of their reign.  Timmy, Robby and Jack splashed and played for almost three hours. By the time I loaded the waterlogged kids into the car, they were  exhausted and famished. 

Today is going to be busy but unfortunately not nearly as fun. We are packing to head to Ohio for a few days. The boys are excited but I am feeling overwhelmed by the preparations. Hopefully I'll be able to finish everything in time for another quick pool trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment