About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Buckle Up Boys!

Scott and Robby are thoroughly enjoying summer vacation.  The boys have been sleeping in late and lounging through the morning.  (By "boys" I mean Scott and Robby. Timmy continues to be my little early bird, squawking in his crib at insanely early hours.)

Daily trips to the pool, followed by copious snack consumption before dinner, have allowed Robby and Timmy to burn off some excess energy during the afternoon. Scott has been staying home, enjoying some "alone" time in front of ESPN. Their nights have been spent staying up late watching TV (Shark Week), playing video games or running around the yard with Jack. The pair is definitely having a Norman Rockwell summer vacation.

Unfortunately, my summer has not been nearly as relaxing and enjoyable. Scott is home on vacation, but I am still working. In fact, with everybody home all day my work load has dramatically increased! They have only been home for two weeks, but I am already starting to feel summer vacation frustrations.

From laundry and dishes to toy clutter and the seemingly nonstop requests for assistance, I am constantly busy taking care of my little vacationers. Coupled with my two regular jobs, I am teetering on the brink. Something is going to have to change, because I refuse to become resentful and rundown.

Summer vacation isn't an excuse to acquiesce all responsibilities at the expense of others. I think the boys better buckle up, because they are both going to get a kick in the tail when they wake up. I want everybody to enjoy the summer months, including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment