About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Birthday Koopa!

Dear Robby,

Well, I am officially the mother of a tween.  When did that happen?  It feels like just yesterday I was nervously walking into the hospital, excited and terrified by the knowledge that I was going to leave with a baby.

From the first moment I held you against my chest, I was head over heels in love. You were my greatest accomplishment, and I was instantly wrapped around your tiny little finger.  I remember whispering into your ear, telling you that I was your Mommy and that I would always love and take care of you.

Although we tried, you quickly ditched Mommy for a more personal Momom. You always put a personalized twist on everything you do. I love being your Momom because it is unique, just like you!

Robby, you are a powerful combination of confident, empathetic, intelligent and compassionate. Today you are turning 10, and I could not be prouder of the individual that is emerging. Don't forget, I will always support and love you.  You'll never be too big to curl up on my lap!

Happy Birthday Koopa!

Love,
Momom

No comments:

Post a Comment