About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Berry Picking

I had a nice birthday. I met my Mom for lunch and, contrary to all precedent, Timmy was delightful in the restaurant. He was charming and playful throughout the lunch, allowing me to actually enjoy my meal.

Robby "surprised" me with cupcakes after school. (Considering that I had to drive him to the bakery, I had a strong suspicion about the gift. But I played along because he was excited and I didn't want to diminish his thoughtful gesture.) Scott gave me a beautiful photo charm of the boys so that I can always wear them close to my heart.  I finished off the day with yoga, which was enjoyable yet confusing at the same time.

Today we are planning on taking full advantage of the sunshine and warm temperatures. Robby has a half day of school so Timmy and I will pick him up at lunchtime and head to the farm. I read that their strawberry fields are overflowing with ripe yummy berries, and I can't wait to start picking.  I hope to pick enough to make jam and syrup tomorrow, when we are experiencing our predicted two inches of rain. 

Robby is an excellent strawberry harvester, but his little brother definitely needs some work. We went to a small field last weekend, and Timmy only managed to pick two berries. He clutched one in each hand, squeezing them with pride until he was a juicy mess.  Hopefully we will be able to convince him to part with a few in the bucket this time, but I'm not overly confident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment