About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 11, 2016

Spoiled


Timmy and I spent the weekend with my Mom while Robby and Scott opted to stay home. Ever since Jack moved in across the street, he has been resistant to leaving for fear of missing out on play time. Although I missed him, I must admit that it was nice being with just my Mom and Timmy. I love seeing the two of them play together. He seems to be able to make her smile with everything little move. He is so little, but he certainly has a lot of people wrapped around those pint sized fingers.  

Even though I am in my 40's, my Mom manages to spoil me when I come home. She happily wakes up with Timmy in the morning, allowing me to sleep. Right now, an hour or two of extra sleep in the morning feels like an absolute luxury. Saturday morning (when I finally woke up at 8) I discovered that she and Timmy made me blueberry muffins for breakfast. What a treat!

Although I didn't want to leave, we came back in the early afternoon so that we could get ready for the school week. Robby was happily jumping on the trampoline with his friends when I arrived. He managed to scream a boisterous "Hi Mom" without missing a hop. Scott gave Timmy and I a hug without taking his eyes off of the baseball game on TV.  So much for my warm welcome home!

This is going to be a busy week, but I'm optimistic that a lot of loose ends will be tied. Today I head to Elliot's to be casted for a new leg. I am so excited to receive a new socket, liner and foot. I am looking forward to walking without feeling the skin pull and burn on the back of my leg.  Hopefully I'll have my leg by the end of the week.  Fingers crossed it goes smoothly and that we don't run into any hiccups during the fitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment