About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Paperwork Procrastination

I can't say that we did anything glamorous or exciting over the weekend, but perhaps a few days of just leisurely playing around the house and yard was exactly what I needed.  Last week was stressful on many levels, and it was nice to be able to forget about all of the rejections and frustrations for a little bit. It is amazing what spending some quality time with my family does for my psyche. I'm feeling stronger, happier and ready to conquer the world. 

 I didn't see Robby much over the weekend, although he did make appearances for food and to go to sleep at night. I don't see him much anymore since Jack moved in across the street. The pair have become inseparable as they venture, explore and play outside from the moment they wake up until we separate the friends at night. I love that he is no longer tethered to an electronic device!

I spent the majority of the waking hours outside chasing after Timmy, who is a bundle of nonstop energy. As Mr. Bill says almost daily, little Hamlet has one speed when moving. He doesn't walk, but doesn't exactly run either. He prances quickly wherever he goes. It is adorable, and exhausting at the same time. 

Last night I noticed a small sore on the back of my leg starting to form. I know that I need new liners, but I haven't had time to visit my doctor to secure the prescription. The insurance requirements which force me to secure a new prescription each time I need a standard prosthetic supply are archaic.  Having to go to an unnecessary medical appointment with Timmy in tow is frustrating, and I often put it off. Unfortunately this time I think I procrastinated a little too long, and my leg health has been compromised. 

In a cruel irony, I guess now I really do need to visit the doctor.  Thanks, insurance company! I started out healthy, but your supply denials now necessitate a physician visit for more than just paperwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment