About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Regrouping

Despite the return to school normalcy, yesterday was horrible. I received a call which absolutely knocked me for a loop. Afterwards I spent much of the day in a tear-filled haze. 

I tried to distract myself by packing up Timmy and heading to the farm. He had a blast running, hopping and playing. I tried to be happy, but I just couldn't shake my mood.  While logically I knew that this was not true, I couldn't help but feel like I had failed everybody, especially my boys.

I felt like I was existing in a fog, cooking dinner and playing with the boys like a robot. I went through the motions, feigned a smile yet wasn't really feeling anything. I desperately wanted to call my Dad, to seek his advice and to listen to his perspective. I felt his death profoundly yesterday, which was perhaps the final straw. By the time the sunset, I broke down sobbing. I ate half a box of peanut butter candies, two cupcakes and went to bed.

Today I'm feeling stronger and ready to tackle the challenges ahead. I am not sure what those challenges look like, but I will try to embrace the adventure and the journey. I have adopted a new mantra, and I'm ready to take on the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment