About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Holed Up

With a huge project looming, I was left with little choice but to hole up over the weekend to work. Unfortunately, my boys (Scott, Robby and Timmy) have discovered all of my hiding places and frequently try to flush me out with requests for food, assistance, a playmate or an audience. I knew that I wouldn't be able to finish my report if I were to stay home, so I packed up Timmy and headed to visit my Mom, who graciously agreed to wrangle and entertain Hamlet so that I could work uninterrupted.

My Mom is simply amazing, offering to help without hesitation when she sensed I was becoming overwhelmed. I know that Timmy thoroughly enjoyed being the sole recipient of his Nana's doting and attention. He basked in entertaining her with his silly antics. I heard squeals of giggles as the two played and invented new games. 

With Robby and Scott two states away and Timmy entertaining his Nana, I was able to accomplish an astounding amount of work. It is amazing how much I can do when I'm not pulled in four different directions! While the report isn't yet finished, I now feel that it is manageable and I am no longer up all night fretting about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment