About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Avalanche of Frustration

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Hopefully some of the Irish luck will rub off on me. While Robby and Timmy have been having the time of their lives jumping on our new trampoline, I have definitely had better days. I can't point to any one thing as the culprit, rather a slew of small inconveniences causing an avalanche of aggravation.

Thinking about them in isolation and none seem frustrating. In fact, I would feel petty letting the singular events impact my mood. Little things add up, and soon I began to feel overwhelmed by the cumulative effect of frustrations throughout the day. I know that everybody has "one of those days," and yesterday was mine.
 
I'm trying to remain optimistic that things will turn. Today is a new day and I'm going to (try to) leave the aggravations of yesterday in the past. The weather is supposed to be beautiful, which inevitably translates to hours of playing outside with the boys. With a looming report almost wrapped up (which, in all honesty has been the source of much of my anxiety and frustration), many of my professional obligations have been met. I'm looking forward to just relaxing and playing with the boys.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment