About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Travel Day

The next few days are going to be difficult. Scott and I are headed to Ohio to attend the visitation and funeral for his niece Monica. It is still difficult to grasp that we are traveling to say a final goodbye to somebody who was so young and so full of vigor and life. It just doesn't make sense.

My mom, true to form, is graciously helping us. Without hesitation, she offered to come to stay with the boys.  This morning she woke up well before dawn to drive down to Virginia to watch Robby and Timmy. (Robby has missed so much school due to the snow days and we dreaded having to pull him because we were going out of town.) 

I know that Timmy is going to keep her on her toes, and I feel guilty when I think about the level of exhaustion she is going to experience trying to keep up with him. I'm hoping that the novelty of entertaining his Nana will help to stymie his mischief.  Wish us all luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment