About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Full Circle

One of my family's favorite childhood stories to share involves my falling asleep on a box of cream filled donuts. As the story goes, I was young (perhaps three) when we all piled into the station wagon for a special night at the drive-in movie theater. Somewhere in the middle of the movie I fell soundly asleep, with the goo filled donuts as my pillow. My Mom found me at the conclusion of the movie with sugary, fat-filled cream caked through my hair, in my ears and all over my face. 

Fast forward nearly forty years, and this morning it felt like history was repeating itself. I turned on the light in Timmy's room and immediately knew that something was amiss. My smiling little Hamlet looked like a grubby ragamuffin. His hair was caked (literally) with cupcake icing and crumbs. It wasn't until I peeled the cupcake wrapper off his neck that I realized what he had done.

Timmy has a propensity for hiding food. I find remnants of cookies, french fries, chicken nuggets and fruit hidden in his toys, behind the curtains and under his crib. If he finds something particularly enjoyable, he will hide the last bite.

Robby shared his cupcakes with him last night, and apparently Timmy decided to stash his to eat later. Sometime after I found and removed the Little Debbie snack cakes from under his pillow to when I put him to bed for the night, he managed to stash his treats in his crib. He snacked and rolled over them all night.  He was a sticky, cakey mess when I found him this morning!  Today, my Mom's wish of my having a child just like me became a reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment