About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Opinion

My second opinion went well.  I really liked the doctor, which speaks volumes. I appreciated the length of time that he spent talking with me and explaining my options. He disagrees with the original doctor concerning my benefiting from pelvic floor physical therapy. This new doctor doesn't feel that it would be effective in my situation, and recommended a less invasive surgery. 

I have some insurance hoops to hop through first (the story of my life) but I plan on proceeding my surgical treatment with the new doctor. Pelvic organ prolapse is all that he does, and I was impressed by both his knowledge and his bed side manner. While I am not delighted about the confirmation that  surgery is required, I am not surprised and I am delighted that I will not have to undergo the physical therapy.

When I came back to my Mom's after the appointment I was a tad sore, so I spent the afternoon watching Robby and Timmy play with their cousins. I just love hearing them squeal and laugh as they run around the house. Everybody went to sleep exhausted with a smile on their face from playing so hard!

Today I will head back home, but not before I take the kiddos on one epic adventure.  I don't want to reveal details now, because it is a surprise and my niece now knows how to find my blog on the computer.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment