About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

My Chair!

Scott and I have been together for 15 years, and during that time I have never seen him as excited about a Christmas present as he was for his gift for me this year. From the secret phone calls to slipping out of work early to accept a mysterious delivery, it is also safe to say that he has never put so much effort behind a gift. I have been intrigued so, when he announced that he had to give me my gift early due to reasons I would understand after seeing it, I agreed to an early Christmas.

He and Robby took off in the rain while Timmy and I were sequestered into the back bedroom. After several minutes and a lot of banging and commotion, he brought me into the living room. It took me a few seconds to process what I was seeing, but once it made sense I was absolutely gobsmacked. 

Scott managed to purchase and secure the delivery of the love seat glider I have coveted from a small Amish store in Ohio. Every summer for the past few years I have sat in this chair, dreaming of having it in my home. I envisioned rocking Robby (and then Timmy when he was born) while reading books and watching cartoons. I never really believed that it would ever make its way to my living room!

For the first time in 15 years, Scott left me utterly speechless. Although I'm sitting in my beloved chair as I write this blog, I am still in disbelief. I don't know why Santa Scott was so good to me this year, but this is a Christmas I will never forget!



No comments:

Post a Comment